Friday 2 December 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIA


HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIA!!!
This is Fia's entry in her diary (publishing with her permission) on her 10th Birthday - November 22. We were in Mysore in the state of Karnataka.
I've translated it into English as she is writing her diary in French.


Today is my birthday. I really am 10 years old. Tamsin gave me a hairclip with a lovely blue flower full of glitter in the middle. I put it on immediately. The same for my T-shirt which had 'being human' written on it and also a minisculebindi (editor: the red spot that hindus wear in the middle of their foreheads).
 I also got some pale pink nail varnish. We ate a continental (editor: cornflakes, eggs and toast rather than veg curry and rice!)    breakfast with Yaya and Bappo (editor: grandparents) and they gave some sweeties and a little card game to us and a packet of lovely knickers to me (which I quickly hid under the table!). After, we saw the beautiful palace of Mysore. We saw 800kg of gold! Then we went to see TinTin at the cinema (it was very funny). In short, I had a very enjoyable day. Later we put on our lovely indian outfits and a necklace of flowers and went out to dinner. All six of us had some yummy chocolate cake with 10 candles on it. There was a flower made of icing on it - there was also written HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIA - which they changed for FIA!

1 comment: